Monday, November 30, 2009

My "First Child's" Birthday


Murphy was our firstborn...yes, I know he's a dog, but he means much more than that to me. He turned 10 years old on Sunday, and we had a big celebration for him. Well, it was a celebration until he unwrapped his gift and found the first ball. Then it was all about PLAY, PLAY, PLAY. Poor fellow never gets to play with any of these fun kids' toys that are strewn around the house!

He also received a Doggie Snuggie - yes, they make those for pets - another type of ball, a jar of special treats, and a special dinner of gourmet dog food filet. (His little sister, Mabel had her own bowl, of course.)

Happy Birthday to my Murph-Man! In honor of The Murph, I'll sing the little jingle that I made up just for him...

"He's the fastest in the East; he's a long and crazy beast; he's the Murph-Man.
He's the loudest in the South; he's got a long and furry snout; he's the Murph-Man.
He's the meanest in the west; he's got a big ol' furry chest; he's the MUUURRRPH-MAN...
Uh-huh, that's right."



1 comment:

Seth and Jill said...

HILARIOUS!!!! Happy Birthday, Murph-Man! Oh yea!