Thursday, November 12, 2009

Caroline's Sixth Birthday Party

We celebrated Caroline's sixth birthday - and I can't believe my baby girl is already six years old - at Silver Lining Horse Stables, and everyone was treated to horseback riding, cake, presents, and a hayride at the end. We also had the opportunity to watch one of the riders jump one of the horses, which was really cool - the horse she rode is the one Caroline is riding in the picture below. (I think his name is Honey Bar?)

Caroline has been in love with horses for quite a while now, so as her birthday gift, Shawn and I are giving her a set of riding lessons. We'll keep you posted on how that goes, and if horses truly become a passion for her.


This was her second or third time around on a different horse. The first horse she chose to ride was solid white and named "Silver."

JM refused to wear his helmet, but seemed like a natural on horseback.

Lighting the candles...

Happy Birthday, my love! You're growing up WAY too fast!

2 comments:

Seth and Jill said...

YAY!! I couldn't be prouder of your little rider! I'm such a huge proponent of little girls taking riding lessons. They learn how to be responsible for another creature, gain a tremendous amount of self-confidence, & most importantly (if you're lucky) have no time for boys! :)) Giddy up!

Mandy said...

I always think about you, Jill, when Caroline expresses her interest in horses. If she could just develop a portion of the talent and passion for riding that you have, then I will have served her well.