Saturday, October 17, 2009

How We Celebrated...

I wrote him one of my "epic" letters, chronicling our last ten years, from the beginning of our relationship, and I repeated the vows I spoke to him all those years ago. I'd dug up some old mementos of our engagement and wedding, and we had fun looking through all of that. He took me to dinner to one of our favorite restaurants - and man, was it nice to have a fancy meal without kids screaming and throwing food everywhere!? When we got home, he'd written me a song, and to my surprise, he'd been learning to play the guitar for the last several months. So, he performed the sweet song to me, and I was just beside myself. I gave him that guitar many anniversaries ago, because one of my dreams was that he'd play the guitar for me and our kids one day, yet he'd never really pursued it. Well, he'd not only pursued the guitar, but he wrote me such a sweet song, and he sang it to me. (Shawn, don't kill me for publishing this for the world to see, but I think that was the most awesome gift EVER!) As usual, we were asleep by ten o'clock, but that's okay - we've just made it to this next chapter of our lives. :)

1 comment:

Jenn Cav said...

That is amazing. Kudos to Shawn for such an awesome gift and to Mandy for all the sweet supportive things you've shared about him. You guys are great-congrats on 10 years-WOW!