Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our Little Getaway



   Shawn worked the Young Physicians convention in San Destin a few weeks ago, and we headed to Florida sans kids for a few days.  This was the first time since before John Michael was born that Shawn and I had gone anywhere alone...sad, I know.  (It was much easier farming out one child to go somewhere - not so much two!)
   The kids stayed with my dad and Betsy, and when we returned, JM was broken of his pacifier habit!  Shawn and I had a nice, quiet time at the beach and hope we won't have to wait another two years to do it again.  :)

2 comments:

Jenn Cav said...

I'd love to know how they broke him of the pacy! I'm dreading doing that for Andrew, but it needs to come soon!

Mandy said...

They just didn't give it to him. He quit cold turkey! It broke my heart to hear the stories of him searching for it under his pillow and all over his bed when he was trying to go to sleep. I had to leave all of the paci's at dad's house when we left. I would've easily broken down and given JM one on the drive home!