Saturday, August 13, 2011

Here We Go Again...


August 10, 2011...a first occurred. Both of my children got dressed for school. Caroline started second grade at Pinelake Christian School, and John Michael started K-3 preschool at Pinelake as well. I must say that I was ready for Caroline to get back to the classroom, just as much as she was. That girl thrives on social interaction, and I was out of all options and energy to give that to her on my own. John Michael, on the other hand, would have been completely fine staying home with me. Although, he was initially thrilled to be going to school like a "big kid," as soon as we pulled into the parking lot and exited the car, he said: "Mommy, I'm tired of school." BUT YOU HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED!

All was great with the first day, though. I'm sure I'll be an emotional mess when my baby boy heads to kindergarten, but at least I have another couple of years before I have to worry about that...

No comments: