Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Little Helper

John Michael loves to help me clean.  Whenever I pull out the Swiffer, he insists on using it himself to sweep the entire house, including all the hard-to-reach places, like under the couch and tables.  He'll bring me even the tiniest pieces of trash that he finds on the floor and says, "Bye bye," which is his cue for me to throw it in the garbage.  There was a huge mess of his toys on the floor the other night and I asked him if he was going to clean it all up, and he walked over to the pile of toys and nodded his head...okay, so he didn't really clean it up, but at least he had good intentions.

So yesterday, while I was conducting a little Arbonne business on the phone, JM decided he was going to take it upon himself to do some cleaning in the bathroom...of the toilets...with his bottle brush.  I first discovered him in the half bath before he actually touched the water.  He was highly upset with me for putting a halt to his effort.  So, I returned to my conversation on the telephone, and he sought out another vulnerable toilet.  This time, he was successful...and thorough.  I think that half of the toilet water ended up on my bathroom floor.  But JM seem satisfied that he'd completed the job.

I suppose it's time to childproof the toilet lids.

2 comments:

Jenn Cav said...

And where is the bottle brush...

Mandy said...

Probably somewhere in the city trash pile by now...