Sunday, January 25, 2009

Spontaneous Zoo Trip


I've always said I was a flamingo in a past life....haha!





I don't think I'd be sneaking up on that if I were you, Caroline.




Shawn decided to take a last minute "holiday" on Friday, and we took the kids to the zoo after picking Caroline up from school.  (Shawn finds out next month if he will survive yet another company lay-off, and he has a limited number of floating holidays.  If he loses his job, he loses his floating holidays...use 'em or lose 'em, baby!)  

It was a beautiful day!  You would've thought it was springtime in Mississippi!  And we practically had the entire zoo all to ourselves.  What a treat!  It was John Michael's first visit to the zoo, and he was thoroughly impressed with all of the sights.  He didn't seem to mind a bit that he was missing his treasured afternoon nap.  And Caroline ran around like she was hyped up on some sort of energy-infused drug...can I have what she's having?

So, it was definitely worth Shawn taking the day off of work to hang out with us.  Who knows what next month will bring, but I do know this....I sure do love my husband and kids.


No comments: